Visitors to St Joseph's
Guidance to visitors to the site in relation to Covid-19
In the current climate, the school is taking steps to protect its students, staff and visitors from the risks of Covid-19. This means that a number of arrangements have changed and visitors should familiarise themselves with these changes. A full copy of the school risk assessment is available upon request, however, the sheet below is intended for visitors to the site to be able to prepare for any visit to the site in advance. We thank all our visitors for supporting us in our efforts to manage the risks of Covid-19.
Some people are unable to visit our premises, please check you do not fall into any of these categories and do not visit us if any of the below apply.
- You must not enter our premises if you have symptoms of Covid-19, however, mild. Symptoms include:
- A persistent cough;
- New loss of, or change in, your sense of taste and smell.
2. You must not enter our premises if you have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 10 days, whether or not you have symptoms.
3. You must not enter our site if you have been advised to self-isolate by track and trace or the local outbreak protection team and are still within the isolation period.
Appointment only system
All visitors to our site must have an appointment; we will be unable to accommodate visitors who turn up without having contacted us first to notify us of their intention to visit.
Precautions we ask all visitors to take
All visitors to our site must:
- Wash their hands thoroughly with warm soapy water before beginning their journey to us and on their return;
- Sanitise their hands on arrival and departure, and depending on the length of their visit and whether they have made contact with any surfaces, during the visit;
- If you wish to use the toilet facilities while on-site, again a member of staff will direct to where you need to go;
- Please do not bring any unnecessary items into the school.
How we greet you has changed
Office staff will greet visitors without opening the glass sliding doors and will advise visitors that this is the case. It is reasonable to leave the windows locked in order to protect Office staff. Visitors will be required to sign in and out of the Visitors Book. A pen will be provided, however, visitors will be encouraged to use their own if possible. The pen will be wiped down after each use by reception staff.
We will also be unable to provide refreshments, and suggest you bring a bottle of water with you if your visit is likely to last more than 15 minutes.
We apologise for not being able to give you our usual warm welcome, but we must take the current situation very seriously and look after the welfare of our pupils and staff.
If your visit involves a meeting with members of staff
We are encouraging meetings to take place virtually where possible. If this cannot be achieved, then we are seeking to minimise the amount of time visitors spend on our site and the number of places on our site that they visit. We will aim to keep meetings to the shortest length absolutely necessary.
We will seek to hold all meetings in a well-ventilated room and will ask that you maintain 2M social distance where possible, and 1M+ at all times.
If your visit involves visiting areas of the site which will be used by pupils
- Maintain at least 2 meters social distance from other adults and pupils at all times;
- Minimise your contact with touch point surfaces;
- Make use of hand sanitiser where it is provided;
We will try to restrict visits to classrooms only to those visits which are absolutely essential.
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place. Anyone visiting school but not following the safety measures in place may be asked to leave the premises.
This guidance is regularly updated.